Monday, June 27, 2011

some of my students, my apartment and, oh yeah, there was a wedding.

So far I dig my job, the days aren't too long and the kids, for the most part, are pretty great.  I have to be to my school by around 9:00 and can wear whatever I want, which is pretty great!  I teach two 80 min. classes in the morning and they are probably my favorite, these are the youngest kids I teach all day and probably the smartest too.  They will not let one word go misspelled or one wrong thing be said, and they are so darn creative and conniving, certainly a challenge that I welcome every morning.  My afternoon classes are not as enjoyable, the kids are older, seem to know much less English and are not very well behaved, but I manage and hopefully they'll come around.  Here are pictures of some of my youngest class, today we made sun hats!

This is Tay, she is very quiet and so adorable!


This is Blaze, he appears several more times and is the devil, but I can't get mad at him because he too is so cute and ridiculously smart.


This is Judy, she is a handful at times.


She wanted another picture once she got her hat on properly.


And then she wanted to be silly.


Blaze again, I believe he said, "Amy teacher, picture me now."


This is Kelso, he is a ladies man.


This is Julie, she is darling. 


Blaze, yet again.


This is Mallory, she is pretty quiet, and usually up to something mischievous. 


This is Sunny, she usually associates herself with Mallory. 


Kelso still being bashful. 


This is Sarah, she will be one of the first to correct anyone who says something wrong or the first to tattle when someone speaks in Korean. 


Blaze...again. 


This is Griffen, he is wonderful but was being uncharacteristically shy today.

So, those are only some of the students that I get to spend my days with, but certainly some of my favorites!

Now, on to my apartment.  I will be moving soon but I figured I would give you guys an idea of the living arrangements here in Korea.


This is the view from my entryway...sorry about the angle. 


This is my kitchen.


This is my bathroom, if you look up by the ceiling and above the sink you will see a shower head because, that is my shower...not at all separate from the rest of the bathroom, it actually isn't that bad once you get used to it!


My bedroom.


My room from another angle...and yes, I did bring a teddy bear. 

In my opinion the pictures glamorize my apartment a bit, but it isn't too bad.

On Saturday I went wandering around the markets and ventured into the area where they sell very, very fresh seafood...I think I may make a video of it later, but for now here are some pictures:


Sting rays, I believe...live sting rays, just chillin, waiting to be your dinner.


And Octopus!  A million of them, just squirming around...gross! 
I will definitely make a video, the pictures do this no justice. 

Oh yes and, as I mentioned in my very first blog post, my sister got married the day before I left.  Here is a picture of her and my dad during their dance. I still tear up when I look at this, she was an absolutely stunning bride and my dad looked pretty sharp as well!


I also gave a pretty good speech and, if you haven't seen it yet, it is worth taking a look at...I rewrote the lyrics to the Fresh Prince of Bel Air theme song...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzoUJcPaXWo.  I put it up on youtube, so click the link and it will bring you to it.

More adventures to come soon! 


No comments:

Post a Comment