Thursday, June 9, 2011

It's been real.

Wow. This is my last night in Milwaukee.  I've spent the past few weeks saying goodbye to friends, spent last night saying goodbye to my favorite watering hole, and I spent today packing my life in to my car.  This city has been so much more to me than I ever thought it would be the people, the experiences, the music, the culture, the people, the people, oh, and I did I mention THE PEOPLE!  I have met some of the most amazing people in this city, whether I have known them for the past 5 years or the past five weeks, this city would not be nearly as wonderful to me without them.

I'm being such a girl right now and tearing up as I write this because I am thinking of all of the good times i've had and who I had those times with.  Some of the people I don't even talk to anymore, and others have only been a part of my life for the past few weeks but goodness, they make this city hard to leave.

My last post was the morning of my going away shindig and, my word, it was a great time.  Here is a photo of my friends and me before the tour started:


After the tour we grilled at my apartment, and moved on to Yield where an epic dance party was had, after this day was done I am pretty sure I completed the majority of my bucket list.  

Tuesday was my last Brewers game and my goodbye with the two lovely ladies on the left side of the picture, holy waterfall!  I cried quite a bit.

Wednesday was supposed to be my last night in Milwaukee but I procrastinated a little bit on packing so leaving this morning was not going to be possible.  I did say bye to Caitlin though, she is to my right in this picture, she has been one of my best friends since freshman year.  She lived on my floor in the dorms and we bonded over our poli sci major and dry humor, she will be very dearly missed.  I had a few other goodbyes, one with a coworker who I became very close with and and another with the landlords of the house that I lived in for my last two years of college...did I mention I am going to miss the people in Milwaukee?!

I also had goodbyes today with several very close friends of mine and tomorrow is the goodbye that I am dreading the most, Milwaukee...oh, and my best friend and current roomie, Dani.  But, I am not even going to think about those anymore because I don't think my computer is waterproof and I would rather not ruin it. 

Here is a list of what I will miss about Milwaukee, in no particular order:
- Lake Michigan, yes, sometimes it smells and I wouldn't recommend swimming in it, but it is just so pretty and is so lovely to walk along and see as I am either entering or leaving the city.
- Alterra, such good coffee and the different locations are all so nice!
- My friends, sorry, they deserve at least one more mention.
- Lakefront Brewery, one of the best tours I have done with some of the most delicious beer.
- Comet Cafe, Cafe Hollander, Trocadero, Rock Bottom, Hooligans...all lovely restaurants with some pretty tasty food, I am sure there are others that I missing, these I just the ones I have been to most recently.
- The Milwaukee Art Museum.
- Walking on Prospect. 
- UWM. 
- Yield Bar.
- Turner Hall.
- Skeleton Crew.
- Brewers Games, though I didn't go to many they were always a blast.
- Adventures...this city was full of them.
- Live music.
- Live music on Bradford Beach.
- Jazz in the Park.
- The many places that employed me.
- Sledding down the hill on water tower road.
- Tomato romping.

There is more, but I need to get back to cleaning and packing so I can get some sleep before heading to MN in the morning. 

As a side little sappy note: I just want to thank everyone who has been a part of my life in Milwaukee, all of you made this city a great place to live, a hard place to leave, and a place I look forward to returning to.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment