Sunday, July 24, 2011

so, it's been a little while.

I realize it has been a little while, but now that I am settled in and figuring things out here I actually find myself with things to do!

The last time I wrote was right before mud fest and mud fest was just like the name says, a festival for mud.  It was a lot of fun and full of foreigners and mud, lots and lots of mud.  There were giant inflatable things covered in mud to play in, buckets of mud to throw on yourself and others, and areas where you could paint yourself in mud, it was wonderful.  Unfortunately I didn't bring my camera because it was raining and I didn't want to ruin it, but here are before and after pictures that I took from a friend:



We made sure to get covered.  I also discovered that mud in the eyes is a very painful thing, especially when you wear contacts, I would not recommend it to anyone. 

This past week in school went well, my kids are still wonderful and saying funny things.  The other day when I was leaving my kindergarten class the ENTIRE class decided to give me a hug, which resulted in my falling over on top of students and throwing my basket of teaching stuff everywhere.  Luckily no one was injured.  

We also went on a field trip to the beach on Thursday, it was a good time, and I got a little sunburned.  One of my students, Sky, is an expert crab catcher and ended up with about 7 or 8 to bring home, he said his mom would think it was a wonderful surprise.  The kids were surprisingly very well behaved and we didn't lose any! I would say the day was a success!  Here are some photos from the field trip:


Not the best of visors to wear on a field trip, at least not if you want your child to come back.


Sky was very excited.


A bus full of screaming children.


They were very well behaved!


Blaze just being Blaze.


Griffen being adorable.


Sky and his first crab, Pincher.


There were about 7 or 8 in this bottle by the end of the day.


Crab hunters. 


I told Phillip that this is how they wear visors in America.


So Jamie wanted his visor to be like that too.


Phillip wanted to take a picture.


We lost one crab, Spot, on the bus ride back to school.

This week I finally got my alien card! Now I have a cell phone, a bank account, and I will be getting internet this week! So many exciting things.

This week also brought my first norybong (Korean karaoke) experience.  It was a great time, and I think I may have earned myself the postion of lead tambourine in my friend's band.  Success. 

I went to Seoul on Saturday with a group of friends, it was a really good time.  I didn't do any touristy things, though I certainly do plan to go back and do that. We hung out during the day with some friends of my friend and then we went to Hongdae, which is an area of Seoul that has a pretty large University, for the night and stayed at a hostel, a good time was had by all.

All is well and I am certainly starting to get pretty comfortable here.



No comments:

Post a Comment