Thursday, July 28, 2011

Internet!

Finally, I have internet in my apartment!  It is wonderful to be able to leave my apartment without lugging my laptop around.  All I need now is my bank card, which should be here tomorrow, and I will actually be fully functioning in this country! It only took five weeks...

Anyway, I am going to Seoul tomorrow night so that I can head to the DMZ with some friends bright and early Saturday morning!  It should be a pretty interesting tour, I am hoping to give some North Koreans a high five...or maybe a hug.  There were some pretty strict guidelines regarding attire, and I am glad my friends told me otherwise I would have paraded up to the DMZ in a dress and caused some type of international incident.  There are no dresses or skirts allowed, no short pants, no sport clothing, no "gangster" attire, that one really got me mad, no large print on shirts, no offensive sayings, no tank tops or revealing of midriff or shoulders and, my favorite, no high hill shoes...they don't really leave many options. My DMZ trip along with vacation this upcoming week should hopefully make for some pretty interesting posts!

In other news, school is going really well! We started our summer intensive program this month, which means I teach from 9:50 - 5:00 without any breaks, but it isn't too bad and I really enjoy the kids in my intensive class!  I don't really have any fun stories or new pictures, so I will leave you with the dong chim: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kancho.  My youngest students find this to be absolutely hilarious, I find it to be quite awkward, especially considering that I wear skirts or dresses to school a majority of the time.  If that link does not clearly explain the dong chim to you just type it into google and look at the pictures and other descriptions, I think you will get the point.

No comments:

Post a Comment