Tuesday, July 5, 2011

short and sweet.

Just a short little note about some school stuff!

First, I am getting along with all of my kids now!  I totally understand why teachers make seating charts.  When I was in school I thought it was just to ruin my social life, that is exactly what they are for, AND IT WORKS!  I switched around the seats for some of my older students who don't behave very well and put the main cause of the problem on his own and BOOM! I have productive class time. success.

Today in my first morning class I had the kids drawing a picture about the story we read, despite their being only six years old they are very intelligent and very clever...but not the best at drawing.  The story that they were drawing pictures of involved a little boy and some tigers, so you can imagine my surprise when I saw that one of my students was drawing a bunny...so I went to the student and asked him..."Philip, this looks nice but, why are you drawing a bunny?" Philip answers,  "I'm not...it's a tiger." I learned a lesson today, I will now only compliment pictures, not comment on their content. 

Also in the same class today, I was using this tacky clay stuff to make some flashcards stay on the board, my students asked me why the clay made the cards stick, I told them it was magic, they laughed.  Then a boy in class said, "No Amy Teacher, it's because they are kissing."  

Seriously. Where do they think of these things?

I celebrated the fourth of July last night! Not quite like in the states, but we had beer, fireworks and a grill, all in all it was a splendid fourth!  

I will post pictures soon, I am off to climb a mountain!

...well, it's really just a hill, but it looks like a mountain to me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment