Sunday, April 24, 2011

Bucket List

Milwaukee, in my mind, is quite the delightful city with a lot to do and a lot that I have yet to experience, so I created a bucket list of things that I would like to do before moving.  Yesterday I got to cross two of those things off the list! Though, I now realize, pictures would make this a much more exciting post...i'll work on that.  Anyway, as I was saying, I crossed two things off of my bucket list yesterday!  I finally got to experience a Sobleman Burger and, holy wow, that was delicious, I feel like it is criminal that I have lived in Milwaukee for five years and have never been to Soblemans...but that has been accomplished and it may have to happen again before I leave so there is photo documentation.  I also got to cross off going to Turner Hall's Beer and A Movie which is well, going to Turner Hall, getting a beer and watching a movie.  It may not sound too great if you are not familiar with Turner Hall, but it is actually a really awesome old building that is used for concerts and different shows and now movies and beer.  For $5.00 I got to see Black Swan, and for $4.00 I got to enjoy a tall boy of PBR...I would say it was an evening well spent!

Here are a few other things on my list:
(I'll try keep their status up to date)

- Sky diving
- A tattoo...I am debating on whether or not to reveal of what and the location...
- Jazz in the park
- Riverboat tour that goes to the breweries
- Close Wolski's
- Bum around Chicago for a day
- One last epic dance party at Yield (One needs to partake in said dance party to be able to understand why I need at least one more before I go)
- Grilling shindig on the roof of my apartment
- Brewers Game
- The Mitchell Domes
- Mexican food on the Southside
- Salsa/Swing dancing at the warehouse
- Live outdoor music, anywhere!

Well, that's what I have for now...hopefully I will be able to accomplish these before I head out!

Also, I am going to see Arcade Fire in Chicago tonight which may qualify for taking "Bum around Chicago for a day" off of my list! Yay!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amy, It's Brad (you posted on my blog). It's awesome you're coming to town but I'm not sure if I'll still be there cuz I'm leaving on June 27th. When do you fly to Korea?

    I do have some advice for you. First, you can join a facebook group called "I Live in Seosan (and Surrounds)". Most of the people in town are part of that group so you can ask questions or whatever there. Second, eat as much of your favorite cheese as you can before you leave because it's not as easy to find good cheese in Korea. Also, it's a good idea to learn Hangul, the Korean alphabet, before you come here if you want a headstart on learning the language. It's pretty easy to learn. Last, definitely invest in a bike if you will live in Seosan for a while. You can bike anywhere in town in ten minutes or less.

    I think you'll like it here because there's a good group of foreigners. See ya! (maybe)...

    ReplyDelete