Sunday, September 18, 2011

just a little update!

My week:

Work: A little rough, not due to the children, all is well now!

Life (outside of work): Lovely! I received two very wonderful care packages in the mail!  One was from my mom and had some of her wonderful homemade salsa, some Frank's hot sauce (my favorite! but I can't get it here), honey, and some other wonderful things from home that I miss.  The other package that I got was from Dani, she also sent me some wonderful love! Not only did I get mac n' cheese (also not available in Korea), but she made me some really wonderful things as well!  She made me a pillow that says HUGZ on it, she sent it because when I was talking to her one day I told her I really just wanted a hug from home, so she sent me one the best way she knew how.


That is Lola and me with my HUGZ pillow...Lola wasn't too excited about the picture...the box also contained another pillow case that says Thugs n' Kittens...that is an inside joke of sorts because we like to sign our emails Thugs n' Kittens instead of hugs and kisses...hmmm...perhaps that should have been kept inside, oh well!  There were also some lovely headbands and a really really really good cd that she made for me.  Both packages certainly made me feel very, very loved and made for a lovely surprise!

The not so lovely part of my week was this morning when I had to send off another friend.  Man, this is tough, and certainly my least favorite part of living here.  I said this before, you get so close with people here, and I have found such an awesome group of people that anyone's absence is certainly felt, but I welcome the new people and look forward to seeing those who left in the future!

Well that sums up my week. Now I am going to try and be productive with my time and get some lesson plans done, go grocery shopping, and hopefully clean up my apartment a bit. 

dang, rereading the last part it does not sound like I am just a kid on some traveling adventure, but like I am an adult who actually moved across the world and has become quite settled.

crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment