Wednesday, August 24, 2011

shoot, I was afraid this was going to happen.

While looking at Dani's blog I realized that I have completely neglected my own for quite some time, and for that I apologize.  I also apologize because I don't have many new pictures to put up : (  My camera died a few weeks ago so I need to figure out what to send in to use my warranty and get it fixed.

However, just because I don't have many pictures to put up does not mean that things aren't happening.  First, I am still OBSESSED with Korean t-shirts, this one is my best find yet!


Seriously?! How awesome.

This next one is a close second:


When I took the picture I didn't know how to use the flip function on my computer, but incase you can't tell that says, "Boston, MassachuBATTS." ugh. so good. 

Also, after much thinking and talking with friends, I decided to get a cat. Her name is Lola and she is so incredibly wonderful.  I have lovely friends here, but it is so nice to come home to something!  Here she is: 


Once my camera is fixed I am sure there will be many more photos.  She is sooo perfect.  She sleeps next to me, hops up on the couch when I pat it, and is so excited to see me when I come home from work. 

I haven't been on any crazy adventures lately, but staying in Seosan has been nice.  My students are wonderful as always.  I have several classes that I am particularly fond of and I refer to them as my sugar dumplings, when doing that one day my student, Sky, replied, "Teacher, if I am your sugar dumpling then you are my little kimchi," how absolutely adorable. I melted. 

Last night was the first time that I had to say goodbye to a friend and, unfortunately, many of the people who I have become very close with will be leaving within the next two months.  I realize I have not known these people for very long but goodness, we have such a tight knit group here and when someone leaves you certainly feel it.  It was a bummer to say bye, but I know we will keep in touch and in coming here I knew that I was replacing someone and someday someone will be replacing me, unfortunate that it works that way and that people come and go so often, but that is only more wonderful people to have in my life, more couches to crash on and places to visit when I get back to the states!

That's all for now, but plans for a baseball game are in the works for this weekend so hopefully some fun will result from that!

I'll try to shorten the distance between this post and the next!



No comments:

Post a Comment