Monday, December 19, 2011

holy moly. Kim Jong Il has passed.


Honestly, I’m not sure what I am more surprised about, the fact that he is dead or how ridiculously normal things are around here.  I didn’t even find out about it until half way through the day, my Korean co-teachers didn’t really even seem phased by it.  When I mentioned it they all already knew and were quite nonchalant about the whole thing, the other foreigners and myself were quite taken aback.  However doing a little reading has put me at ease.  Even though South Korea has heightened it’s security and observation of North Korea, there hasn’t been any unusual activity at all.  The Korean Government has urged everyone to carry on business as usual and well, they have. 

As far as I know this will not affect my travel plans at all and I am still heading to Singapore on Saturday!

I just got home from work a few hours and put up Christmas lights that I received in a very lovely care package from my family!  I’ll post pictures soon, I need to tidy up a bit before my apartment is on display for the public.

Tomorrow is going to be a hectic day as it is our English Festival, which is a program that we put on for the parents to show them how wonderful their children are and how great the teaching staff is.  I will try to get some videos and photos of that as well…should be pretty entertaining!

I hope to post again before I leave for my trip, but I just wanted anyone with concern to know that all is well over here!

No comments:

Post a Comment