Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Vacation: Day 2!

I could really get used to this, vacation has been very useful for catching up on missed sleep and with people from home!  Before leaving I bought a number from skype with a MN area code, so now I get to surprise friends from home and call them and then they can save that number and use it to call me while I am in Korea...pretty cool!

Well, the fish was a lot of work but it turned out just fine!  My friend Sabrina, who is from China, had never had fish prepared like this before (battered and fried), and she was quite excited about it!  She said that the way I cooked the fish proves that I am a good cook...we'll see about that.

Today was another lovely day of vacation!  For the first time since I moved here I went to a restaurant where you have to sit on the floor to eat, I was pretty excited.  Unfortunately I did not take any pictures because I was a guest with older people who I did not know, so I didn't want to seem rude or offend anyone by photographing the whole event.  It was an enjoyable experience though, so I will repeat it and take pictures next time!

I also learned how to make kimbap today!  It is like Korean sushi and is very tasty!  My first roll was not the prettiest of them all, but I think I got the hang of it and will be practicing this art much more in the months to come.

That's all for today, I got some lights for Bianca so I think I'm going on a bike ride tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment